Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I took 5 minutes out of my day just to be able to laugh at GL's ridiculousness! I only got through a few of his posts (until he started in with "oh that's right you think you can make babies and not be responsible for them"...When NO ONE said that previously or currently LMAO). I gave up before seeing any posts where he used my name. Crazy fucker is delusional as usual :)

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Season 2 of the get down was awesome. Netflix is killing it when it comes to black programs.

3. iSkin

iSkin Member

Why does this forum has so few active users? It's disappointing when a good forum with decent discussions is not popular among its constituents.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's because too many BM members have run off WW posters over nonsense bullshit.
    There used to be a more proportional participation on this board between men and women. However when you make the WW feel like they aren't wanted in ANY discussion about issues some WW may not be educated or familiar about, IMO it tends to push WW away.

I'm hoping if some of the usual suspects chill the fuck out, more WW in the future will participate in the discussion forums.

I mean think about it, WW in the forums have literally been bum rushed for having biracial children with BM and for daring to think they have a better understanding as a parent of a biracial child what racism is like for non-whites in America.

That's the kind of shit that makes well meaning and sincere WW not willing to share their thoughts and personal life experiences in the discussion forums.

The WW who still hang in there are straight up soldiers who refuse to to be intimidated or bullied by conflicted brothas who seem to both love and hate WW.
    It is what it is.

Also I think many WW and BM who find their way to this site are looking for relationships, not discussions, so there's that factor too.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Or people get bored and move on. I barely go on Twitter anymore and it's not because anyone ran me off just got bored with it

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

The golden era of the forum was 08-10

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I would add 2011 IMO..fun times in chat..

Where's that damn love button!

8. K

K Well-Known Member

07 was pretty cool too

9. iSkin

iSkin Member

I actually see more BM WW couples in real life than 08-11. The rate of interracial pairing will continue to increase every year. Somehow I wished it was reflected here too.
    One reason I can think is that the rise is more evident in young couples who may not prefer forums as discussions here can be slow.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Many ww who used to post here found themselves white guys now or steady relationships and have no need to be on here, nothing sinister about it

I mean Petty no longer posts for years now and he wasn't run off nor was he a ww LOL

Bulletin boards like these are obsolete pretty much. Social media replaced them years ago. And dating apps. Only the hardcore (like us) still hold on

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, 2011 was good too. The chat room and Skype sessions.

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

You got Snapchat, Facebook groups, Instagram, Tinder, etc bulletin boards are ancient

A ton of people on here register & lurk but never post. There is no PM option for members nor is it a hookup site so peeps just bounce

13. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This question comes up every few months, people point fingers, reminisce about the good ole days, then it's back to regular shitty programming.

[​IMG]

14. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I worry about petty. I know he vanished before, but for this long? He went from going hard, day in and day out, on this site...to zilch. My mind ponders too many of the what-its.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Doesn't anyone know how to reach out to Petty? Texts, FB?

I personally think he just cut the chord because he was addicted. We all go through our manic stages here but not extended - I remember just before he left, he was literally posting 48 hrs straight. *burn out*

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Petty probably got tired of the forum. A lot of us have been here for years. I can't believe I've been here 9 years. A third of my life on this site.

17. The Dark King

Lol me too. We put that time in we deserve a good watch and shit lol

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I went to Boston Market today ordering lunch, and I noticed when I gave the cashier my credit card, she took her cell phone, sat her cell phone down on the counter behind the cash register and began typing furiously on her keypad. After my card was approved she handed it back to me, picked up her cell phone and placed it against her face as she walked away.

That triggered my spidey sense and I told the manager what happened. He said emphatically that this girl 'wasn't that way', ( I assume he meant criminal..lol), and I said you need to tell your workers they should NEVER be on their smart phones while taking customer orders, at minimum.
    Because it can look like they're doing some kind of shady ass credit card theft.

I'm gonna closely monitor recent purchases on my credit card and if shit looks sketchy I'll cancel it out.

Does anyone know or have they heard of someone at a fast food restaurant literally reading and manually copying someone's credit card number???

A credit card number is only 16 digits. A typical cell phone number is 10 digits. It's not a stretch to believe there are people who can look at a 16 digit number for a few seconds, remember it and copy it down on a smart phone.

Am I being paranoid, or do I have a right to be????

19. The Dark King

No you're not being paranoid.
    I was just in Toronto and up there it's policy to bring the card machine to you for that very reason. They want everything above board no shady shit

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Always good to keep a track of it.
    If l go through a drive-through, l won't let them leave the area with my card.

She was probably texting and couldn't wait..doubt she'd be that blatant. You can always put a temp flag on your card that you be called before a purchase is approved (or for a certain amount.)
    My card company sends me an immediate e mail alert/e-reciept for every transaction. Even for a dollar.

Any out of character purchases, they've declined it and "wait for me to call them".