Cell phone thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by 4north1side2, Mar 24, 2017.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

What are y'all rocking with?

What's your favorite phone?

What's the worst phone you had?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LG V10

I like the V10 so I'll probably get the V20 when this phone starts to die. So far it's holding up really good.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Samsung J7
    Love it

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Personal - iPhone 7
    Work - Samsung Galaxy S6

Love the iPhones. I see why folks like Samsung, but it's not my first choice. Back in the day my first smartphone was a BlackBerry Curve (work). Loved those phones. I haven't really had any that I hated.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Main/Home - Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016 T-Mobile version)

Backup/Outside of Home - Sony Xperia E3

[​IMG] I gotta have a 2nd smaller phone because I don't wanna be carrying around a big phablet in public.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm weeding out new people if they have a smartphone but don't own a laptop.

8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Personal: Samsung Galaxy S5
    Work: Windows Phone 8X

9. 4north1side2

10. 4north1side2

My current phone is a Moto Z and it's the best phone I've had yet. Very durable, fast charging, reliable with all the bells and whistles just not the top of it's class.

[​IMG]

Notable favorites

Nokia 3310
    [​IMG]

The first cell phone I've had. Nearly indestructible with endless talk time, could go days without charging it. Plus it had that classic snake game.

Motorola RAZR V3

[​IMG]

How I felt about the Nokia 3310 is how I feel about this phone plus it had a sexy ergonomic design. Phone made you feel like the shit every time you flipped it open.

Blackberry Pearl

[​IMG]

My worst phone was a Droid Charge. That piece of shit died within a hour all the fucking time, took 6 hours to charge 100%, clunky as fuck, terrible camera, with mad lag.

[​IMG]

11. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

My current phone is the S7 Edge. Decent battery life and the camera is absolutely amazing. It's so good that I don't even use my actual point and shoot camera anymore

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The Google pixel has received nothing but good reviews and praise. I may go that direction when it's time to switch it up.

13. 4north1side2

I heard they are faulty. The Samsung Galaxy 8plus and the rumored Samsung Galaxy note 8 with it's 6.4in screen got my attention but I hate Samsung products. Hoping LG, Moto, or HTC roll out a competing mega phone I can grab.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna pass on Google. I guess I'll wait to see what the new htc phone is gonna be like. If nothing special I can always fall back on LG. I like Motorola too.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I didn't know the LG V30 is coming out later this year! Hell yes!

They say it's gonna have the snapdragon 835 processor and 6gb of ram! That's all I need to know!

That's what I'm getting fuck those other phones!.......lol.

16. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I have the S7 Active (love it!) but I feel like the camera sucks. Maybe its different than the edge camera? Or maybe its the photographer that sucks, not the camera lol.

17. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

You switched to Team Android?!! Welcome aboard lol!

I'm not sure if the S7 Edge has better specs than the S7 Active. I know that in the past some of Samsung's phones had different features whether they were the Regular/Edge/Active versions. Honestly I have a hard time keeping up with all the variations.

What worked for me was experimenting with HDR and non-HDR modes. So far my phone takes pics as good as my actual camera does. I'm at the point now where I ever wonder if I need a camera at all.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The only thing that may change my mind is if I can find a phone without auto correct.

If anyone finds a phone without that annoying feature, please let me know.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Neva mind I just turned that shit off.......lol

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member