Random Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goodlove, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty bummed about Megatron retiring.

He holds a special place in my heart - I drafted him on a my very first fantasy football team and he helped get me to the "superbowl".

Such a great talent.

I hope that he becomes a coach and goes on a team that wins the SuperBowl. He deserves a ring.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I agree

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]pN2WyaXSuII[/YOUTUBE]

Great athletes that never won a championship

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Took his life last night. Hung himself.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Hernandez was still serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd. The guy was the type of dude IMO who was extremely skilled at hiding his emotions. I don't think anyone, even his lawyer, ever really knew what his state of mind was emotionally at any given time.

Prison guards said the door to his cell was barricaded from the inside.
    It's possible he was murdered but I could also see Hernandez falling into a deep depression after his court date contemplating his acquittal won't have any affect on his current life sentence.

As for his lawyer, this is the same guy who argued that Casey Anthony was innocent of murdering her little girl and that Aaron Hernandez never killed anyone.

Shit, if the first time I went to prison was for a life sentence without parole, you'd have to put me on suicide watch too.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I know who Baez is..and like OJ, all lawyers are trained to say their clients are "innocent" knowing good and well..

I read it was barricaded but who knows if that was true? Baricaded with what? Don't cell doors open out (for this very reason)? Or sideways?

I would think winning an aquiital for a double homicide would embolden your mental state...his lawyer was gunning for an appeal and confidently stating he will eventually be released.

I would think after all appeals are exhausted then one might become despondent, but this was not yet the case.

Don't get me wrong he is a dirt bag but flags do wave a little here. I guess he wasn't someone I viewed on the suicide radar given his win the other day.

10. andreboba

Baez will always be a scumbag to me. He should have pursued an insanity defense or some kind of post partum depression for Casey Anthony if he had any real ethics at all. But to argue that she was innocent of murdering her daughter and then claiming it was her father who was really the murderer is disgusting.

Anyway, the reason I believe Aaron Hernandez was extremely depressed and actually did commit suicide is because of how he acted in court.
    When Hernandez was convicted of killing Odin Lloyd, he was stone faced and didn't show a hint of any emotion.

Yet when he was acquitted of double homicide a couple days ago, he was crying. Why would a person cry when they're found not guilty, yet seem not to care when they're convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison??

IMO I believe in that moment when the judge read the not guilty verdict, it finally hit home to Hernandez that his life as he knew it was officially over.
    I know his lawyer was going to pursue an appeal but it was very unlikely his murder conviction was going to be overturned or he would be granted a new trial.

It's hard for some people who are awaiting trial while in jail to get a taste of freedom sitting inside a courtroom close enough to touch your loved ones, then being forced to go back to jail.
    That's like giving a man dying of thirst a sip of water, then jerking the bottle out of his hand.

I just don't see his guards or a random prisoner(s) having a motive to murder Hernandez after his acquittal. He still wasn't getting out of prison regardless.

Yeah most deaths in prison by definition are suspicious, but inmates occasionally do commit suicide while in prison and it generally happens early during their incarceration.
    Hernandez never had enough time to become 'institutionalized' and adjust to living the rest of his life in prison.
    In fact I'd be more inclined to believe Hernandez was murdered if it was reported he committed suicide after spending a decade in prison.

Aaron Hernandez had been in prison barely 3 years and I think the shock of going back to court, putting on a suit and tie and being allowed outside his tiny cell around normal men and women, including his wife and daughter, simply fucked his head up and sent him into a deep depression.

I can imagine being 27 years old, sitting alone in a locked cell and contemplating I'm probably going to die of old age in this hell hole.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed reading this..compelling points, AB.

The video report was interesting about his smoking of synthetic weed and his closest jail friend being on suicide watch now..

I did read today that his brain has been sent to Boston Uni to look for concussion signs...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4429894/Did-NFL-injuries-drive-Aaron-Hernandez-suicide.html

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Damn...

DailyMail.com has learned exclusively that Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.

The former football star even gave away most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap, according to a well-paced source. If he lost his nerve he wouldn't be able to save himself as he would slip around and not be able to land firmly on his feet.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well this just gets wilder..

Former football star Aaron Hernandez may have killed Odin Lloyd in order to keep secret the fact that he was bisexual, according to a report which appeared Friday in Newsweek.

Investigators are now examining whether Hernandez, who hanged himself in his jail cell before dawn on Wednesday at Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Massachusetts, was taunted by Lloyd just before he killed him.

In April 2015, Hernandez was convicted for shooting and killing Lloyd, a semi-professional football player, on June 17, 2013.

According to Newsweek, Lloyd may have known that Hernandez was carrying on an affair with a male friend who was forced to testify before the grand jury in the Lloyd case.

At the time of his death, Lloyd, 27, was dating Shaneah Jenkins, the sister of Aaron Hernandez's fiancee.

14. andreboba

More AH speculation, apparently there were 3 notes found on his body. One to his GF, another to his daughter and one to his prison lover, allegedly.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not my written words below..however, food-for-thought, nonetheless..

" Re: Aaron Hernandez--No suicide note left has now changed into 3 suicide notes left "lined up next to a Bible". 2 roommates have turned into they dont seem to be present in cell when guards come by and find Hernandez hanging from a bed sheet at 3 am.

Anyone else find the sudden introduction of 3 suicide notes suspicious?"

"Here is the link to Hernandez story, the earlier story today highlighted the fact that originally it had been said that there was no suicide note found.

- Now they are saying 3 handwritten suicide notes next to a bible.
    - 2 roommates are not in the cell for some reason when Hernandez was discovered by guards hanging from sheet at 3:03 am.

-The time has been changed now from 3:00 am to 3:03 am.
    A lot of 3's that's for sure! "

http://www.telegram.com/news/20170420/hernandez-left-3-notes-in-cell-next-to-bible

Having said that, he gave his "alleged" lover his $50,000 watch and other belongings before his death..

Here is the guy..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4439912/This-22-year-old-convict-lover-Aaron-Hernandez.html

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So the Draft is here in Philly tomorrow. :D Can't wait. Gonna be busy, busy, busy...!

18. andreboba

19. andreboba

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wow wow..great video. The guy with the RAISED shirt..is he the son of the loudmouth father selling his sneakers? (cant look it up right now)