Is there a more telltale sign that a white woman dates black men than her hair style?

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by 4north1side2, Dec 18, 2016.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

I think you guys have more humidity than we get. When I was by the ocean a few months ago it was a big difference. I'd probably have to do things differently there.

(and thanks :) )

2. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL - you did! I just heard that the other day too.

3. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Take it as a compliment because real estate agents I`ve worked with look and act professional

4. K

K Well-Known Member

I will. Thanks Othello1976 :)

5. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Lol, that's funny. So short hair cuts in general are not for women who date white men over there, or what?

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

You'll see plenty of WW with short hairstyles who aren't with BM, but... If we're doing some stereotyping... In my opinion this hairstyle on a WW screams her preference of BM:).

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I find women who are comfortable rocking short hair are open to black men in general.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Funny....I used to cut my hair short when I was not comfortable in my own skin and wanting to avoid attention.

9. Madeleine

I like short hair cuts, have had one every now and then over the years, in between long hair. My hair is still growing out from a short hair cut right now. Not too crazy about the ones in the pics, though.

10. Madeleine

I want to believe if it's a good cut and suits one, one can still get attention with it:). But most importantly you have to feel confident in your own skin, so if long hair does that for you, perfect.

11. Madeleine

By the way, I strongly dislike cornrows, braids, dread locs and the likes on white women. To me looks like trying to be something you aren't.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It was actress Bo Derek that started the trend when she was on the film 10. I had met a few white women who had worn cornrows and braids. Some were multicolored. I had no opinion on that but I guess they were just trying something new or exploring who they are. I don't think that they were doing it to attract black men.

13. K

K Well-Known Member

It was many years ago. When my hair is long there is often extra attention that comes along with it. So when I was not wanting to deal with that I would cut it short. It still looked good but I wasn't getting people always trying to touch my hair or going on about my hair all the time.

My hair (style or length) had nothing to do with becoming comfortable in my own skin, maturity handled that. Truly being comfortable and confident has nothing to do with surface stuff.

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Bo Derek didn't start shit.

15. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lol I don't think I've ever seen those styles on a ww irl. There's a white guy (20 something) at a 7/11 near me who has dreads and they actually suit him (and his personality) quite nicely. I could totally picture him with a young, cute, free spirited white girl...with dreads. I couldn't ever take that style seriously on someone who was trying to be something they aren't but here in San Diego we definitely have a certain crowd of young white kids that it seems to suit just fine :)

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Do you have any proof that she didn't? Mention any film prior to 10 where a white women wore cornrows.

17. Madeleine

We have an open air festival that is all about ethnic food, ethnic fashion items, ethnic everything (which is great, I like going there). They also have African ladies there who make African hairstyles and you see white girls coming out with cornrows or braids revealing their chalk-white scalp that has never seen the sun. I don't like seeing that chalk-white scalp, but if they do, fine:)

18. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Well... I've dated a WW named Jennifer, a brief fling with one named Amanda, and briefly considered pursuing one named Christina. I decided against Christina because we worked at the same job, and even reported to the same person.

20. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Lol I haven't fucked with a single white woman with those names.