Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

My prayers are going out to him for a full recovery. -Blacktiger

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thanks again, everyone; it's so much appreciated! :freehug:

He's back at home and he seems to be improving. He's still on strong antibiotics and pain medication and has to return to have the wound packing removed and changed every couple of days. The red line coming from the wound is fading, and the swelling is still bad but down quite a bit. He's still extremely weak, sick, feverish, and somewhat out of it, but his symptoms have eased up a lot in the last couple of days.

As far as the hospital turning him away, federal law or not, they do it because money means more to them than people's health and well being ever would. Half-assed care or no care at all is pretty much the norm for people with no money/insurance.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Tam! I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I hope his healing continues with no setbacks.

I can imagine you your frustration and such with the health care. It truly bothers me that we live in a country with a system of healthcare for profit.
    Another sickening example of haves getting the best of everything vs. the have nots getting the crappiest of everything. Truly shameful.

4. Tamstrong

Thanks, DNY! :freehug:

Yes, it's shameful, but it's a sad reality we're all pretty much used to in this country. We all need to pray about that as well.

5. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I'm going in for my 3rd surgery. Please pray that it goes well

6. Tamstrong

Prayers & positive thoughts on the way, babe. xx

7. Tamstrong

Please pray for my brother and his family. His 17 year old step-son took his own life this week, so they need all the prayers they can get right now.

Update on my other brother with the infected dog bite...
    The good news: they were able to fight off the infection, and other than a slight limp and severe scarring his leg is okay.
    The bad news: the reason he stopped taking proper care of his leg after the attack was because the dumbass starting doing drugs again. His excuse was that he did it to deal with the pain, but ultimately all it did was land his butt in jail once again...this time with federal charges. I keep praying he'll get the help he needs and get his life together and keep it that way.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear! I also hope he gets it together sooner than later. Sadly, my brother also used to abuse drugs and alcohol. He lost a lot, but I'm so thankful that he's doing better, and I wish the same for your brother. Hugs!!!

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Prayers for your brother and his wife.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  10. K

K Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and your family Tam.

11. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Your in my prayers Tam

12. Tamstrong

Thanks, everyone; I appreciate it so much. There's been so much craziness going on in the family, it's exhausting!

DNY, I'm glad your brother is doing better, and I appreciate your wish for my brother to achieve the same. It's hard watching him throwing his life away for that stuff, but I'm hoping he'll get the treatment he's been trying to get for so long. TDC has the treatment programs, but I think they prefer the profit of repeat offenders over helping screw-ups become productive members of society.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wanted to share this (sent to me)...

"Last song at church this morning was "let there be peace on earth". Usually everyone starts leaving and talking but today every person stayed until the end of the entire song. The volume of people singing was much louder than the other hymns. I was crying and I saw many people with tears in their eyes. #peaceonearth"

Pray for the world to heal.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Praying that Texans are kept safe from the projected Hurricane.
    Please God, l pray that you keep them protected from harm, ease their fears, protect the most vulnerable who might be unsheltered, the elderly and the animals. God, bless them all. Amen.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Praying for your health and well-being and may God heal you swiftly.

16. Tamstrong

I just got a phone call and found out my baby brother has tested positive for covid-19. I don't know any details other than that yet, but I'd appreciate any prayers on his behalf. Thank you.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. I hope he gets better.

18. Tamstrong

Thank you; I appreciate it.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You know it goes without saying or asking from me.

Holla if you feel like venting or unloading in general. *hugs*

20. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

That’s unfortunate, I really hope he gets better. Nothing but positive energy to you & your family