European Standard of Beauty

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by nero, Nov 26, 2016.

1. nero

nero Member

White women, how do you feel when bw say that they have to compete with a European standard of beauty. From the logic of it, they are implying that ww are only perceived as beautiful because of the ESoB.

Second one is "Becky with the good hair" or ww having good hair as a reason why they are beautiful. And from the logic of that, ww are only beautiful because of their straight hair.

That sounds extremely racist from my perspective but I would love to know how you feel about this.

2. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I've never heard WW complain about it, actually just the opposite. A lot of them agree that other races of women have to conform to their beauty standard.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

I think everyone has their own insecurities about things and will justify or make excuses that they do. I just don't concern myself with such things.

I can't imagine having a life where I had nothing better to do that sit around worrying about why people are attracted to who/what they are.

4. nero

nero Member

I don't think it's a thing. Asians people view porcelain skin as their standard i.e Geisha girls with white face make up, Mesoamericans view curvaceousness and charisma as their standard i.e. Sofia Vegara. In North and West Africa Braids, dreadlocks and other forms of natural African hair are perceived as beautiful.

Truth is that you dress in the culture you want to date.

5. nero

nero Member

You're completely right my only problem is that that phrase is used to diminish the beauty of ww. To try and create apologetic ww and lower their self-esteem. I've met too many self-hating ww who tell how beautiful bw are.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Let WW be as they are.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Ok then maybe you can make it your mission to let ww know how beautiful you think they are!

8. nero

nero Member

Not just beauty I'm against people being fucked with, at least when related to bm/ww. These phrases (being called a sell out etc) create selfdoubting people who sacrifice their own happiness for the happiness of others. Social pressure is a thing. Political agendas are enacted through people on the ground level, its simple divide and conquer be it internally. Someone creates these phrases for that purpose.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Based on your various posts, it seems to me that you are out looking for issues. When you look for problems, you are sure to find them. I'm not saying they don't exist. Just that sometimes when you shift your focus from the negative to the positives it goes a lot further. If you are concerned about certain issues (like ww having low self esteem) then do what you can to help the women you know feel more secure about themselves rather than focusing on what bw might think or say.

Honestly, I don't think many ww are very concerned about what bw think of them other than maybe those who are into trying to emulate certain hyped cultural stereotypes. I would think that tends to be young, immature, insecure girls who are going to be that way no matter what they are trying to do until they grow and mature in themselves.

Think about this....if you represent the standard (for whatever it is) why would you worry about other people saying something about that? Maybe some of those comments are racist, or not. I just don't think it's something many are concerned with. I'm fully aware that there are all sorts of thoughts and things said about my family makeup. I just don't give a shit.

I have a friend who is quick to say - "yep youre right" when people say stupid shit like you are talking about. She's Japanese and deals with all sorts of peoples assumptions, thoughts, comments. When they say stupid things to her she often just says "yah, ok" and keeps moving. The point is, it's just not worth concerning yourself with such things.

10. nero

nero Member

Looking to speak up about these issues not interested in fluff. I would agree that it's in the extreme in girls with low self esteem and the ones trying to emulate stereotypes, but it's becoming part of the culture.

Where I live, Ww start conversation with me about how much they hate white people, it's like a standard pick up line. What makes it worse is the bm who encourage it and use it to their advantage. Bm will call a Ww racist if she refuses to sleep with them and sadly it works very often. Still huge racial tensions here in South Africa.

Saying Yah okay can take the wind out of people's sails but ww and bm who are way older than e still crumble to the social pressure.

Check out this video when you have time, it's about social currencies

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  11. K

K Well-Known Member

Ok well given the responses (and lack thereof) maybe you would find more activity for this topic on a different site.

12. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  13. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

There's definitely a standard of beauty, it's NOT just bw that are affected by it, non-ww in general are affected by it. Obviously, not ALL are affected, but it's a problem when one is told from birth that there's something peculiar and wrong about having hair that differs from what is considered 'normal', or skin that is perceived as 'ugly'?

However, I feel as those some bw go overboard in dealing with these issues. They overcompensate by spouting off racist and hateful diatribes that doesn't help their cause.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Most women of every race, complexion and ethnicity have no idea how beautiful they are.

Advantage>>>MEN.

Even the softness of a woman's skin and the tone and pitch of a woman's voice can get me off.

15. Reverie

There exists ugly WW as well, they too are effected by the standard.

16. K

K Well-Known Member

Of course. Also as Andre said there are lots of beautiful women who have no idea how beautiful they are. We are conditioned to focus on the negatives rather than the positives.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That's why I think the body positive movement is so important. Women should focus on their overall health and not what SOMEONE else says they should look like.

There are so many things men find attractive about women that we don't talk about. The slope and curve of her neck. The shape and expression of her eyes. The taste of her breath. Her impeccable hygiene, (compared to the average dude.lol). Her sensitivity. Her attitude and confidence. Her emotional support.
    These are some of the cards men keep hidden from women so we don't look like a bitch.lol

Just saying, I've seen women where I was like OMG!!, and they were still beating up on themselves.

No one likes an arrogant woman, but a woman with a little more self confidence inside and outside the bedroom is always a good thing.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

But it's a Pandora's Box. Thanks to Instagram, you're already seeing overweight, busted chicks trying to curve actual, viable guys as badly as the so-called dimes. We have to keep their self-esteem down to keep the balance of power in our favor :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Reverie

Why not just ignore these ladies if they try to make a pass on you?

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"European Standard of Beauty" = "I can't compete with white women, so I'm going to shame you for your preferences, black man"