BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

That's for a different thread; the advertisements one.

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Romeo & Juliet Sequel ABC Pilot Finds Its Romeo In ‘Scream Queens’ Alum Lucien Laviscount

[​IMG]

Young British actor Lucien Laviscount (Scream Queens) has been cast as Romeo opposite Clara Rugaard’s Juliet in ABC drama pilot Still Star-Crossed, from Shondaland and ABC Studios.

Written by Heather Mitchell based on the book by Melinda Taub, Still Star-Crossed is set in 16th century Verona and picks up where William Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet left off. Because of the premise, both Romeo and Juliet are guest-starring roles in the pilot, which charts the treachery, palace intrigue and ill-fated romances of the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the young lovers’ tragic fate.

The story centers on Rosaline (Lashana Lynch), a gorgeous, intelligent and headstrong Capulet and Juliet’s cousin who is ordered to marry Benvolio (Wade Briggs), a Montague. Regular cast also includes Zuleikha Robinson, Anthony Head, Grant Bowler, Torrance Coombs and Ebonée Noel. Filming of the pilot starts this week in Spain.

Laviscount played the series regular role of Earl Grey on the first season of Fox’s Scream Queens and recurred on Episodes and Skins. He is repped by Gersh, Industry Entertainment and Waring & McKenna.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll still be rocking the iambic pentameter, lol.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Currently watching Season 2 of HBO's "The Leftovers" that aired back in the fall. I took some pics of Margaret Qualley & Jovan Adepo's characters:

From Episode 4:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Episode 7:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Orphan Black Season 4 episode 1 - Tatiana Maslany and Kevin Hanchard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

This kiss looks hot as fuck

7. Shulz021

Drama Pilot ‘Famous In Love’ Picked Up To Series By Freeform

[​IMG][​IMG]

Freeform has given a series order to Famous In Love, its drama pilot based on Rebecca Serle’s romantic novel that stars Bella Thorne. The pickup comes a year after the project was bought for fast-track development by Freeform (then ABC Family). It was ordered to pilot in October.

FreeformWritten by Serle and I. Marlene King, executive producer/co-showrunner of Freeform’s flagship drama series Pretty Little Liars, Famous In Love centers on Paige (Thorne), an ordinary college student who gets her big break after auditioning for the starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster. She must now navigate her new star-studded life and undeniable chemistry with her two co-leadsfamousinlove while discovering the highs and lows that come with being the new It Girl in town. Carter Jenkins, Jesse Henderson, Keith Powers, Niki Koss, Georgie Flores, Perrey Reeves, Pepi Sonuga, and Mark Valley round out the cast.

King, Miguel Arteta (Getting On), who directed the pilot, and Dan Farah (Ready Player One) are executive producers, and Serle is co-executive producer. The series is produced by Long Lake Media, Farah Films and Carmina Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television, the studio behind PLL.

Famous In Love joins Freeform drama pilots Guilt and Beyond, which were picked up to series in November.

Actress-singer-dancer Thorne, who has TV history with Disney having starred on the Disney Channel series Shake It Up, is a fan of Serle’s book, calling it “a must-read for anyone curious about life and love behind the scenes” in a quote featured on the book cover. She is repped by WME and Thor Bradwell at Thirty Three Management.

8. ColiBreh1

I was about skip over this post until I saw that Bella Thorne is gonna be the female lead. I'm all in now.

LOL. You know there's about to be too many shows with IR 'ships when you're getting to the point where you pick & choose which shows with prominent IR 'ships you'll watch.

EDIT:

WTF?! There's NOTHING in that article that hints that they'll be some IR on this show. Those pictures that you posted aren't even from original Deadline arricle that you copied this story from (http://deadline.com/2016/04/freeform-picks-up-famous-in-love-drama-pilot-to-series-bella-thorne-1201733402/).

I smell a troll.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  9. JamalSpunky

Schulz isn't a troll but you picked up on some of the same things I did, namely that there is no indication that Throne's character has any romantic liassons with Powers' character.

10. Shulz021

My apologies Thorne is involved in a love triangle between Powers and some other guy.

11. ColiBreh1

How do you know that? There are 2 white co-stars listed before Powers' name in that Deadline article.

12. Shulz021

Hope this helps

13. ColiBreh1

OK, looks like Shulz021 was right. I even went to look up a detailed summary/synopsis of the book to make sure. I'm in day 1 to root for the brotha.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In the British crime drama Bailey & Scott actress Suranne Jones is in a relationship with a black man. Actress Leslie Sharpe(from The Full Monty, The Moonshine and From Hell) portrays her investigative partner Scott.

15. JamalSpunky

Ugghh. TPTB just had to add the ubiquitous black female character, which these days on TV may be even more overrepresented (based on their numbers in the population) than gay characters. This is who the black dude will ultimately end up with.

16. ColiBreh1

Sigh. I stick to Black TV shows & movies, if I want to see Black love. There's NO POINT in me watching this show if the brotha is just gonna end up with the sista.

Hopefully, she's just a love interest & not his main love interest.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol! I actually get what you mean. But I do disagree. I like seeing "black love" outside of black TV. I think the general public needs to see it. Still I def get how the IR angle is the only thing that makes this interesting lol

18. Akeildboss

Akeildboss Active Member

NEW GIRL

Winston is in a relationship with a new girl in the show, they "can't kep their hands off each other " they kissed a few times already, she white/Iranian

19. Shulz021

He's not even with the female cop anymore? :confused:

20. ColiBreh1

I haven't watched this week's episodes (epsiodes 19 & 20 of Season 5) of "New Girl" yet. But on the last week's episodes 17 & 18), Winston & his cop partner Aly (played by former SNL cast memeber Nasim Pedrad) kissed for the 1st time. But Aly told Winston at end of the episode that she was still with her boyfriend (played by Kal Penn).

Also a couple weeks ago (episodes 15 & 16), Winston got married in Vegas to a sista he was only causal dating. It was a prank. But before they could get the marriage annulled, The sista is in the military & ended up getting shipped off to duty. So Winston being married is another obstacle stopping Winston & Aly getting together based off last week's episodes.

While we discussing "New Girl", it was annouced last month that Damon Wayans Jr. is coming back to the show this season for a recurring stint.